Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Friday, June 01, 2007

THE EARNESTS OF THE WEDDING

Psalms 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

As the knight on a quest, as the pilgrim on his way to a Holy place, the Saint of God, the true *“ecclesia” who has had a **“metanoia”, longs for the end of the journey.

Through the Holy Spirit, we today only have the earnest of what we will be (Ephesians 1:13-14); an insignificant foretaste compared to the glories that shall be revealed in us (Romans 8:18). But we want more. The heart of man will never be fully satisfied until he is totally reunited with his creator and his God.

* Ekklesia: Greek word used for: Church; the literal translation is: meaning: the called out ones.
**Metanoia: Greek word for: Repentance; the literal translation is: U-turn; revolution.

The written Law of God, His Words in the form of scripture, is the closest material thing we have of Him. They are like the letter from a distant lover. We put them under our pillow and at time when we feel lonely, or when we want to feel His presence we take them out. We bring them close to our bosom, we smell their scent, we know the text by heart but we read them over and over for they bring us closer to the one we love.

We are a bride which has been betrothed. In Jewish culture, a betrothal was so strong that to break it was similar to a divorce. We have been betrothed to a husband who gave us the earnest of His love and care until the day He comes to take us into His kingdom. On that day, the trumpet will sound, and the sign of our Beloved will appear in the sky (Matthew 24:29-31). As a mighty knight, He will come down from the heavens riding upon a white stallion. He will come and finally rapture His bride away from the dragon who would otherwise swallow her. We will then be taken to His kingdom, the Kingdom of our salvation, where He will wipe away our tears, where we will no more hunger nor thirst, and where neither the sun nor the moon will afflict us anymore (Revelations 14:14-16; 19:11-17; 7:17; 7:16;Psalms 121:6). Praise the Lord.

Ezekiel 16:8-14 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine. (9) Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil. (10) I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk. (11) I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. (12) And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. (13) Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. (14) And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.

No comments: