Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

IN THE HOLLOW OF HIS HAND

Psalms 119:173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.

Is any other hand more worthy of our plea for help? “Oh, Lord, I have chosen your commandments. I have chosen to put my life into your hands. I have chosen you. Who else then has to help me in my time of trouble?” Who should come to my rescue when I drown? I plead, do not turn me over to the unreliable hands of the children of man; I am your child, and I trust only your hand.”

Now is the time for you to rescue me; for from the beginning I have said, I will serve you. From the beginning I have put my livelihood in your care. From the start of my lowly birth, when you called me to the bosom of your service, I have put my dependence upon you.

Let therefore your mighty hand come down and show me its mercy. Let the food I eat be the food catered from you heavenly hand. Let the house I live in be the tabernacle of your choosing. Let my occupation be the service of your heavenly temple. The ungodly provide security for their workers, will you not do better than they?

It is the “infidel” who provides not for his own (1 Timothy 5:8), but your hand is as faithful as the dew of the morning. Your hand is the fertile land where we can rest at peace. In it is perpetual residence for the weary soul of man. In its hollow I need not care anymore, nor worry about substance or safety. I find in it life and purpose for my soul. Oh Lord, you are both the promise (Philippians 4:19) and the fulfillment.

Matthew 6:31-33 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. (33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments: