Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Friday, June 01, 2007

HE OWNS US

Psalms 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.

Why should we want God to let out souls live? Why should we expect salvation from Him? Why should He refresh our souls with the waters of life? for us in the end to just go our own way? Is it for us to ‘steal’ it from Him so we can pursue our own futile activities? Is it our ‘just desserts’ so we can squander it according to our own lusts?

No my friend;
The purpose of healing is to praise God
The purpose of living is to praise God
The purpose of winning is to praise God
The purpose of loving is to praise God

If the Almighty is to give me life, life is therefore not mine to decide what I will do with it. It belongs to the One who gave it to me, and it is to be used for His glory and His praise alone. To use it for any other purposes would be piracy.

Let therefore each word that I speak be a praise to God. Let each breath that I breathe tell of His gift of life. Let each step that I take be for His glory, and let each fight that I fight be for the glorification and edification of His kingdom. Let each victory that I win be through Him, by Him, and for Him. Let each emotion in my heart be led, and restrained by the desire of Him. Let each desire of my soul reflect His absolute will, and let each of the thoughts that fill my days and my nights be directed towards Him, my Lord and my King.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (20) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

No comments: