Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Daily Surrender

September 5, 2006

Psalms 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Yesterday I needed to clean the gutters of my house. I am not too much of a practical person, and I do not feel very secure on a ladder either, but it had to get done. My wife and I have the habit of praying before starting any activity, but we (probably more ‘she’) felt much more compelled to pray before I start that one. My wife first prayed asking the Lord to keep me from falling, and then she proceeded by praying that even if I should fall that I would not hurt myself.

When my wife prayed that I felt, “Wow, not only is she putting a mattress at the bottom of the ladder to soften my fall, but she is dressing me up in a padded armor”. Well, I really needed that prayer because it so happened that the ladder slipped on the slippery floor of my deck and I did fall. As I was falling I had flashes of a bad accident, hurting my head on the side of the railing, dislocating my back (I have slipped disk) or something of the sort, but I just landed on my feet as the ladder only fell a short distance and got caught on a table that we had put nearby to serve guests the day before. My legs also went through the steps, and I was not hurt at all.

I don’t know if angels actually stood there to bear me on their hands lest I dash my foot against a stone, But I do believe that my wife’s prayer was just as good.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
htt\p://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: