Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, September 11, 2006

Daily Devotion

September 9, 2006

Psalms 91:15a He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble;

God first calls us, and then we call upon Him; and when we call upon Him, He surely always answers.

In the words of the Bible, we find that God requires total surrender, unadulterated dependence, and absolute trust from us. God is like the husband who demands that we forsake all others and look solely to Him for our every need. In our economically competitive world, secular societies such as business companies also demand a certain level of commitment for their workers to be able to enjoy greater benefits and pay. The army as well requires a do or die type of commitment from its soldiers who are ready to die for their cause.

The difference is that God can and will compensate and deliver the goods; He is the only one who can compensate us; when we call upon him in our time of need, He answers us; therefore He is not ashamed to demand such a spirit of loyalty from us. Here is the testimony of Rose Price, a holocaust survivor, in her own words. The Nazis murdered One hundred of her relatives. They took her to a concentration camp when she was twelve. They worked her day and night making ammunitions while they severely beat her. . All this was done to her in the name of Jesus Christ. At the end of the war she said, “there is no God for me.”Here is, in her own words now that she knows Jesus, how she believes her Lord compensated her, answered her unspoken prayers “Imagine, He (Jesus) was on top of my back when I was so beaten; he was holding me the nights I was so scared; He was comforting me the nights when I was crying; I don’t deserve that, none of us do, especially me.”

Only our Lord and Savior can provide such comfort; may we never despise it.

Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
htt\p://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: