Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, September 11, 2006

Daily Devotion

September 10, 2006

Psalms 91:15b I will deliver him, and honour him.

Faithless people often think that faith in God is a sign of weak dependency. They think this because, in the world of carnal man, there is a certain element of humiliation in needing help. It is not so in the spiritual world; when God helps us, we are not humiliated; we are honored.

Let us put it this way. Let’s say I am drowning. Let’s say that the President of the country is nearby and sees my desperate plight. Let’s now imagine that as the President sees me struggling in the waters, he orders his motorcade to stop; that he rushes out of the car, throws his jacket off and runs to jump in the waters to rescue me. He does not want to entrust this important job to anyone else, not even to any of the very able bodyguards that surround him. He wants to make sure this job is done right and he has an unmselfish feeling of personal responsibility in saving me. Wouldn’t I feel honored that the President of the country was so concerned about little ol’ me that he stopped everything on his busy agenda and risked his life to save me?

And yet, there is here much more that the president of the country who daily faces heaven and hell to rescue us. We are honored that the Majesty of Heaven considers us so important and worthy so as to stop the whole universe if needed to succor us, so as to invest even the highest price in order to save us: His Son.

Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
htt\p://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: