Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, May 28, 2007

THE WISDOM OF A CHILD

Psalms 119:169 Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.

We will take a look at who is counted wise in the eyes of the world and when he is ; what happens when he comes onto the scene of the Kingdom of God. He arrives in great pomp and style; everything is done correctly. He has his diploma from the right denomination, his degree from the right university. His speech shows the refinement of a great theologian who can discern between doctrine and doctrine. His conversation has the style of one who is used to handling the deep Word of truth; all the prerequisites are included, none is missing. Oh, the surprise when he arrives. He finds himself in a world of people with the simple faith of “little children” (Matthew18:3). They do not regard his diploma or degree; they may not even know what a university or a denomination is.

My oh my, he steps over everyone. His language seems blurry to the simple inhabitants of the Kingdom. He even takes offense at their simplicity in handling honest and sincere truth, especially the truth of the Word of God. “Horror of horror”, he says now; “Am I now to follow the directives of this . . . child? (Isaiah 11:6), “How could he know the ways of the great Kingdom of God? What are his credentials? How could they be better than mine?”

He sits in confusion and despair by the side of the road trying to understand. He tries every key; every style of reasoning. Each and every formula of spiritual concept is tested, and found . . . wanting. He puts it all down in despair, “Have I spent all my life in the highest institutions of man only to end up in confusion?” he cries; “Yes, my child,” replies the tender voice of the Lord. All you had to do was ask, cry unto Me, and I would have put in your heart the wisdom of the ancients. I would have given you the understanding of the pure simple truths of the Holy Spirit. I would have filled you with the knowledge of My Kingdom that is not learned in the institutions of man. Haven’t you learned yet that, “as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts?” (Isaiah 55:9).

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

No comments: