Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Friday, May 25, 2007

NAKED INTEGRITY

May 25

Psalms 119:167-168 My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. (168) I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.

Oh my LORD; how I love your Words, your precepts and your testimonies. I expose my heart to you. I give it to you to do as you please because I love you. I thank you for hearing, for inclining your ear to my request to answer my prayers, -- me-- the unworthy worm that I am (Psalms 22:6).

My heart, my soul and my spirit are open before you. My sins and my errors are exposed in your sight and any day my life is in your hand. A a simple breath from your mouth, a look from your fiery countenance, and life is snuffed out of me. But instead of using your excellent power against me, you use it to withdraw your righteous anger. You choose to look away from my sin and point instead to the scarlet thread (Joshua 2:18) of Your everlasting mercies.

Let the love that I bear for your Word be my judge;
Let the care that I give to your precepts be my defense;
Let the attention that I impart to your testimonies be my plea;
Let the integrity of my heart be ever before you.

Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

No comments: