Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Thursday, December 07, 2006

SUBMIT YOUR PLANS TO THE MASTER ARCHITECT

December 7

SUBMIT YOUR PLANS TO THE MASTER ARCHITECT

Psalms 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

We can easily remember the last time that a child or a teenager justified not asking permission before doing a certain thing by saying, “I was afraid you’d say no”. Such a behavior denotes of someone who has not yet fully grown into the fear of the lord, and we can understand a young person acting in such a manner, but what about us adults?

How many of us, while ordained by God to be examples to our children, do things without asking the Heavenly Father for His opinion--asking Him not only about what we are doing, but also about how we should be doing it? A wise friend of mine used to tell me when ever I’d tried to bounce off of him another one of my wild ideas, “Have you asked the Lord about it?” or “Let’s ask the Lord”. I remember cringing then, because I cherished my new pet idea, and feeling that I could maybe talk human soul into validating it for me, I didn’t want to go to God in the prayer closet in earshot of a possible “no”.

Do we have stubbornly deferred plans in the workshop of your life? Do we have a ship that constantly seems to stay ashore, forever waiting for a favoring tide? Have we ’committed’ these unto the Lord, or are we afraid He’d say “no”, so we don’t?

How foolish! The submitting of our plans to God is the only way to follow if we want them to come to pass. We also need to check every step with Him. So let’s commit our plans unto Him; if they are of Him, He will certainly put His stamp of approval on them, and they will come to pass, for nothing can stand in the way of the will of God. But if they are not of Him, be thankful they don’t come to pass, my friend, be thankful they don’t, and “thank God for unanswered prayers”.

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalms 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.


No comments: