Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, December 11, 2006

GOD'S WAITERS

December 11

GOD’S WAITERS

Psalms 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

This statement polarizes two types of people; the evildoers, and those that wait upon the Lord. One is cut off from the earth, while the other inherits it.

The earth is the Promised Land of God’s perfect will. It is the place of God’s presence in our heart, life and soul.  We inherit the Promised Land of His promises when we arrive at the place of peace of mind and heart reign in our life. It is the Land where God blesses us; the Land where He lives and where we live with Him.

Sometimes we feel cut off. Sometimes we feel far from the presence of our God. Sometimes we feel separated from His promises.? Are we waiting on Him to bring us there opening the sea of obstacles by His will and power? Or are we trying to get there by our own works and doings? Are the sins of doubt and pride present in your heart keeping us from the vital trust that will lead our way through the wilderness? Do we truly know that He is able to fulfill His word in our life, and that He can do it better without our help, without us trying to tell Him what to do? Can we let go of the steering wheel, and let Him drive? Do we know how towait on Him?

The word wait in the text projects the picture of a servant ‘waiting’ on his Lord and Master. The ‘waiter’ is ready to serve and fulfill the Master’s slightest demands at all hours of the day. The waiter knows that if he serves well, his life be will secure and provided for. He trusts the love of his master and knows Him to be in control of everything; all he has to do is obey.

We can too enter this Promised Land of sabbatical rest with Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. All we have to do is give Him the controls of our life. Let us not be as the evildoers who are cut off from this blessedness just because they cannot trust Him. Today, let us put our total trust in the King of kings and walk with our Lord in the cool of the day (Genesis 3:8).

Psalms 23:1-6 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

No comments: