Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WE ARE NOT ALONE

Psalms 3:2
Many there be which say of my soul, there is no help for him in God. Selah.

These lamentations of King David about those who sought his life foreshadow those of the people who indifferently watched their Messiah dying on the tree saying, He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God (Matthew 27:43).

In his hour of distress, the child of God appears so lonesome, seemingly abandoned, even by God Himself. Satan is master at playing this distress in our mind. We listen to him and start believing that no one stands with us to support us, not even God.

Yeshua exemplified these sentiments when on the cross He exclaimed, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? . . . My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46). The prophet Elijah also thought he was alone against the multitude of the ungodly when he said, and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. At that moment God reassured him and said "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees of which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." (1Kings 19:10,18). Elijah's servant was duly rebuked when one morning he awoke to the haunting sounds of the Syrian army on the lookout for his master. He thought they were alone to fight this great battle until God opened his eyes. He said, “Alas, my master! How shall we do?” And he (Elijah) answered, “Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.” And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha (2 Kings 6:15-17).

Dear Master, you may have been alone as no other could stand with you in your station, but we are not alone. In our hour of trouble dear Yeshua, help us to resist the enemy who tells us otherwise. Open our eyes that we may see that they which are with us, those of today, and those of yester-years, are more than they which are against us.

No comments: