Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

LET US NOT BE IGNORANT

Proverbs 14:8
The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way:
But the folly of fools is deceit.

How easy it is to passively walk our life. How tempting it is to let status quo, habits, fads and flows lead our step without any understanding of our ways. After all, aren’t we supposed to walk in consensus? ‘This is the way people have believed for hundreds of years, they certainly cannot be wrong. Forget trying to dig deeper into the roots in order to uncover the true foundation of faith. Let us just continue drifting with the flow asking no question for the conscience.’

The problem with that is that we are not made as the animals who walk by instinct. The great Creator of the universe has seen fit to give us a mind and a soul so that we can walk by choice. To properly walk by choice, we must intelligently understand our way, otherwise, we can easily be deceived by smooth-tongued teachers.

It is the responsibility of each one of us to understand our faith, the things we believe and why we believe them. I was told about God’s care for me when I was 11. I received Yahoshua as my Messiah when I was 17. For a long time I learned all that others had to offer me until one day, when I was 40, I decided that I wanted to know why I believed the way I did. This research took me straight back to Mt Sinai and to the first Jewish Messianic church of first century C.E. It is there, in the Pentecost Sinaitic connection that I discovered the roots of my faith and that I understood what I believed and most essentially why.

This is wisdom beloved: to understand our way.
The folly of fool is deceit in the passivity of voluntary ignorance.

No comments: