Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, July 16, 2007

THE FATHER’S LOVE

Psalms 103:13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

Oh, how these divine words reflect the expression of our Father’s true love for us. These words should chase any doubt that He truly loves us.

I am a father. Some of my children who have left the nest to live their destiny seem to have forgotten the instructions of godly principles and virtues taught to them when they were younger. I hope the best for them; even if it comes by the way of hard knocks that will lead them back to the paths of the Lord. Often, things have got to get worse before they get better.

Did my children heed all my instructions? No. Did they walk according to my hopes and wishes? No. But are they still my sons? Yes. Am I proud of them? Yes. Do I still love them, pray for them? Yes. Will I be there for them in their day of trouble? Yes. Will it be my joy and comfort even to the point of tears when they finally yield their souls to the God of all spirits? Yes.

To all fathers here I write, to all of us for whom parenthood has left ashes in the teeth, and bitterness in the heart. Do we wonder about the final fate of our wandering children? This I say: if we, who are evil, are capable of grace, care and mercy towards our offspring, how much God, who is perfect, should be capable of the same towards us all, yet without compromising truth and righteousness (Matthew 7:11). Also this I want to ask: can anyone, can any physical or spiritual powers rob God of one of His children? Nay, my friend nay. (John 10:28).

In our pride, we like to have things under our control; we feel that unless we hold in our hands the regulating of the life of people around us, things will fail. Let us now remember this; that as our children leave the family home, as they fly away from under the protection of our wings, they go under the wings and control of Him who has a much greater vantage point and perspective on their lives than we could ever dream to have. He is the Alpha and the Omega; He sees their lives from beginning to end. Who are we then to argue with the lesson plans that He choses for them?

Luke 15:22-24 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: (23) And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: (24) For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

No comments: