Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

HEAR MY VOICE

Psalms 119:149 Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O LORD, quicken me according to thy judgment.

They say that there is something wrong with a baby that cannot cry his lungs out to make his needs known. In the same way, there is something spiritually wrong with the Christian who cannot pray his heart out in prayer and praise to make his needs known to the almighty Father who created him.

Oh, that my voice may be heard in the Heaven. Oh, that it may express the full expression of my love for my LORD. Will I talk softly or shyly? Will I whisper? Will I measure my expression for the sake of poise and eloquence? Will I use the trickeries of rehearsed speeches? Will I compete with the rich and wise in my mannerism? Will I apply ‘self-control’?

Nay, my God and my LORD; nay, nay and nay! No preparations and rehearsals are needed. Let my voice be loud; let it shout through the heavens. Let my spirit carry it unto you in a wild dance of adoration. Like King David of old, let me appear vile and humble in praises to my Lord (1 Samuel 6:21,22). Let my voice praise you in the tongues of men and of angels (1 Corinthians 13;1); let my heart beat to the rhythm of my Lord; let my body be raptured in the freedom of your spirit: let my whole body and soul be the full expression of my love for my Lord.

I know I can come to you with no fear, no apprehension. I know that you see my faults, my failings; but you have covered them with the expression of your love (Isaiah1:18), and I trust in your loving kindness and in your judgment to hear and *quicken me.

*Quicken: To give life

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

No comments: