Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, April 02, 2007

GOD IS FOR CHOICE

Psalms 119:109 My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Each one of us owns our destiny. Each one of us has the power to choose the higher or lower path; to move by virtue or respond to instinct. At times I have wondered if perhaps this freedom of choice given to us by the Almighty may not have created more trouble than is worth. Seeing what many of us do with it, it is easy to feel hopeless and want to discard the whole thing.

Yet, as I search God’s unmistakable will, as I learn from His unfailing wisdom, my eyes finally light upon the answer. I suddenly understand and can trust the wisdom of the Creator of Life. Such are answers from God; they provoke an abundance of peace, and they comfort the heart.

It is so easy to resort to the sin of our own ways to resolve problems or sticky situations. It is so easy to lie, to cover up; to retaliate and malign in order to solve our problems. But if choice had not been given to us, if as gods (Psalms 82:6) we had not been given the ability to choose between good and evil, between obedience and rebellion, wherein could we be blessed? Without the right to choose, the wicked wouyld be controlled, but rewards for the just would also cease to exist. Now, by simply choosing the right when faced with alternatives, we own the advantage of reserving to ourselves blessings upon blessings.

May we today, in spite of opposite influences, as Bunyan’s pilgrim choose the right path; the path of His Word and His Instructions. May we do so by constantly referring to the directions He gave us in the ‘Scroll’, and deviate from it neither to the right nor to the left.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

No comments: