Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Thursday, March 29, 2007

THY WORD, MY LIGHT

Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Who would venture out on a dark road without a light to guide the way? Who would dare cross the forest by night without knowledge of its pitfalls, marshes and ponds? And what of this world we walk in? Can we say that it is lit? Can we presume to travel this world, venture on its roads, traverse its forests without light and knowledge, and not eventually fall into pits or ravines? It is a fact that after a little while, our eyes actually get used to darkness, and seem to ‘see’. While it may feel safe, may God forbid that my eyes feel comfortable with anything but the purity of the His holy light.

Today, not tomorrow but today, let me get a hold of His blessed Word. Let it guide me by the pure light of its divine principles. Let it shine so bright on my path that it will uncover the pits covered with deceiving boughs; that it may show the seemingly innocent marshes, that it exposes the emulations hat lead to perdition.

And yet more, that its heat may burn the excuses that steal Holy conviction from my heart; that it may melt the distractions that delay obedience; that it may deny my heart the comfort of false ignorance.

Whatever I say, hear, see, think, decide, presume, propose, teach, learn, write, erase, counsel, prophecy, sing, pray, that I may bring it close, oh so close, to the light of God’s Word. That it may be fully examined like the Passover Lamb of old, before knocking the gavel of approval, the final verdict of my soul.

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

No comments: