Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, March 19, 2007

LOOK UP, NOT DOWN

Psalms 119:92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.

How much better it is to look to God, to see him in all things. He has established the principles of life, death and resurrection in the heavens as a reminder to us of His great love and care, so why worry? If we do not look at God’s plan for us in His word, it becomes so easy to drown in the sea of cares that is our given-lot on this earth.

A burden so heavy, it threatens to bury me.
An affliction so terrible, it blinds me from amazing grace.
An oppression so dark, I cannot see the end.
All I need is to look up, and bathe in His gentle face.

They will all go, they will all flee.
The oppressor cannot stand a chance.
But with my God, yea with my King
I am back in the heavenly dance.

Oh my friend, let’s turn our head from the problems, from the troublesome reality.
Let’s rather look to His Word, it is oh, so heavenly.
Let’s find in it peace, joy and life, it’s all free.
And we will not perish with those who would rather pay the fee.

Isaiah 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

No comments: