Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Thursday, March 08, 2007

GIVE ME A SOUND HEART, LORD

March 8

Psalms 119:80 Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.

More important than owning piety and religion; more important than calling on God and praying in the ‘right way’; more important than attending the right Church, from the right denomination with the latest doctrinal fad, is the gift of a sound heart. One of the most important gifts we can ask from God is that of a sound heart.

When the heart is not sound, everything else goes wrong. Our mouth offends; our head thinks perversely and negatively; our feet follow after evil and our hands destroys that which we even try to build. On the day that everything is weighed in the balance, we will then feel the shame of a sick heart (1 Corinthians 3:13-15).

But when the heart is sound, everything else goes right. Our mouth speaks with grace and salt; our head processes maturely; our feet follow the Lord, and our hands work to edification. On the day when every man’s work is made manifest, to us then will belong the long awaited “Well done!” from a pleased and grateful Lord (Matthew 25:21).

“Oh Lord, make my heart wholesome and sound. Can it be made so? Can it be sound if I subject it to worldly influences? Can it be wholesome if it be subjected to the elements of wrath and disobedience of this world? Should I expect you to rip the ungodliness, to purge the stain from it? No, I will come to you Lord and voluntarily yield it. I will come an kneel in front you and allow you, beg you with the will that your, even your Holy Ghost has put within me to take away from me the heart of stone, and give me the promised sound heart of flesh with your Law written on it (Ezekiel 26:36; Jeremiah 31:33).

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

No comments: