Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

THE LORD MY PORTION

February 14

Psalms 119:57 Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words.

As the victorious soldier returns with the loot rejoicing; as the conquering emperor meditates on the prospects of his conquests; so let us rejoice at the gain of your name, of your love, and of your Spirit.

What in this world is more lasting, more true, more real and more sound to body and soul than the Lord, His Spirit and His Words. The Levites did not receive a plot of land as inheritance in Canaan (Joshua 14:4). Their portion was the Lord, His Words and His service (Numbers 8:11). The merchantman gave all that he had to purchase the precious pearl of God’s Spirit (Matthew 14:36). The treasure-seeker yielded all his other possessions to buy the land where God’s treasure laid (Matthew 13:44). All these truly believed that God was their portion, His inheritance was their wealth, and His Spirit was their strength.

Let them that perish fight over the perishable loot. Let them that die fight over corruptible treasures. Let them of this world rejoice at its prince’s temporal dainties. Let foolish men fight for lands, countries, power and wealth. My only kingdom, my only homeland is an everlasting and eternal one built by the Great King and Creator of the universe Himself.

I will rejoice and find my pleasure, my inheritance, and my portion in His Name, and in His Name only. My country is New Jerusalem. My people are bound together in the shed bloodline of the Son of God Jesus-Christ. As we, like the Levites, renounce the possession of a temporal perishable land in this world, we inherit a better eternal and incorruptible one in the Kingdom of God.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

No comments: