Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

LET'S STRAIGHTEN OUR PATHS

October 11

LET’S STRAIGHTEN OUR PATHS

Psalms 5:5 The* foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

This prophetic statement is one of the building blocks of our faith. No matter what foolish puny man invents, no matter what he does or says in order to justify his actions, we have the assurance that at the ‘grand finale’, in the day when God will be ready to shake the earth and withdraw the ‘accounts’, none of his card castles will stand, his digital illusions of truth will vanish.

The world is given a little time more before the day of the great judgment when everyone’s work is put to the great test. We know that on that great day, the darkness of foolish, unrepentant and arrogant hearts will not be able to stand before the brightness of the Spirit of God.

The statement above stands today like John the Baptist by the waters of Jordan as a warning to check our hearts, to make straight our paths. We need to rid ourselves of froth, vanity, pride, unyieldedness, arrogance and of the time-wasters in our lives, so that when He comes, he finds us doing the work of the Father, and He can . . .say…

Matthew 25:34-35 . . . Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

*Foolish:KJV: Void of understanding or sound judgment; weak in intellect; applied to general character, uwise; imprudent; acting without judgment or discretion in particular things, proceeding from folly, or marked with folly; silly; vain; trifling.

No comments: