Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Friday, September 29, 2006

WE CAN PRAY; HE ANSWERS.

September 29

WE CAN PRAY; HE ANSWERS.

Psalms 4:1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Hear me when I call may sound like a strange statement, but many of us expect to be heard when we don’t even call. Of course God does know what we need even before we ask Him, so this ‘calling” to God is more for our benefit and for that of those around us. For our benefit, because it is a confession of our need for our wondrous God which provokes humility; for that of others, because it is a witness and a demonstration of God’s ability to helps His children in their hour of need.

In Old Testament times, to make a request from God, people had to go to a Rabbi, bring a sacrificial offering and make their request in fear and trembling. What a privilege we have today that we can simply pray offering only the sacrifice of praise. This privilege is something that we have not earned, but freely received, paid for by the death of Jesus-Christ on the cross.

Oh that we would call unto God as unto a loving Father. So many of us who call Him “Our Father” act like orphans. Let’s call Him today, in the righteousness and mercy of Jesus-Christ, and know that He will “enlarge” us when we are in distress; that he will have mercy and hear your prayers. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities (Psalms 103:10), God does not deal with us according to our sins, or we would be lost, but He deals with us according to the righteousness given according to the mercies found in the blood of Jesus-Christ shed for us. (Mercy= Undeserved forgiveness)

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick....

I once heard that JEREMIAH 333 was YAHWEH's phone number.

Enjoyed seeing a photo of you...to put a picture with your words of inspiration.

Blessings and Peace,

Jennifer Lynn Joy

Unknown said...

True, and we never get a busy signal!

Patrick