Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, June 26, 2006

Daily Devotion

June 26, 2006

Psalms 40:16  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

The endorsement of the world is discriminatory; you receive its dainties if you belong to the right social class, biological descent or ethnic group;
The blessing of the LORD is universal; all are welcome to its gifts and blessings.  The world will judge you according to its criteria regardless of virtue;
The LORD will judge you according to virtue regardless of the world’s criteria.

And what is the virtue required?  What gives me access to the treasury of Heaven? What opens the door to rejoicing and gladness so perfect that my heart shouts in praising devotion?  

One by one I see them coming in the horizon; they bring their gifts to the altar.   They come in true sincerity and adoration; they come in hopes of acceptance. One brings a sheave, the yield of the land, as he shows his laboring hands.  Another, out of skill, brings a perfectly written and beautifully uttered praise.  Look at the third, he offers tears of compassion and sorrow for the plight of the poor, the cripple and the orphan.  Will these be accepted? Will these be sufficient?

“You have worked so hard”, the LORD says;  “I do not require bribery, that you earn My blessings with the works of your hands, of your mind or of your heart.  All that is needed is that you “seek” Me.  Apply your heart to desire Me, to yearn and long for My presence within you.  As you do, I will fill your heart to the full, I will fill it with the cloud of My glory (1 Kings 8:10).  

May we today be blessed with joy and gladness in the zeal and passion of seeking the LORD.

Jer 29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
htt\p://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: