Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Friday, June 16, 2006

Daily Devotion

June 16, 2006

Psalms 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.  

Haven’t you read in the Holy Book?  Haven’t you read the stories of old?  Sit and take the time to meditate and ponder on God’s ways as expounded in His acts of old.  Take notice and learn that He always comes through for His children. . . .at the last minute.  He does it in this manner so that we would learn patience.  Oh, how we squirm while we wait on God; and worst of all, in our self-righteous lack of patience, we accuse Him of not caring about us, and of not answering our prayers.  

In this generation, the name of the game is ‘speed’.  The faster it goes, the faster we want it to go.  Waiting is considered an infringement of our rights. We want to be ‘tended to’ right away.  It is sad though when we are that way with God.  This is the generation of instant gratification.  This generation says, “I want to be happy, and I want to be happy NOW!” I want it, and I want it NOW!” “I want to know it, and I want to know it NOW!”  But happiness comes to us through taking the time be broken into the real satisfaction of the heart; gain comes by giving time for investments to grow into earnings; and knowledge comes through having the patience to learn.  

May we learn to have the faith of the importunate woman who, by her patient importunity, so annoyed the wicked judge that he rendered justice unto her(Luke18:1-7).  May we learn to pray patiently, knowing that God knows what is the best time for all things.  Help us always to remember that God’s delays are not denials!

Luke 18:1-7  And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;  (2)  Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:  (3)  And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.  (4)  And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;  (5)  Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.  (6)  And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.  (7)  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Romans 5:3-5  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;  (4)  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:  (5)  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
http://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: