Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Daily Devotion

June 7, 2006

Psalms 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Yes, I may be the king of a vast empire. Yes, I may own great treasures. Yes, my strength may be so increased that all my enemies fear me. Yes, my place on earth may be secure and comfortable. But all these are as nothing to me; all these are as the “husks” (Luk 15:16) to me.

Any day, Lord, any day I will give up the things that I treasure, the things that make me feel secure and comfortable if they meant to be away from Your presence and out of Your will. Above the wealth and riches that the world has to offer, I choose You; above the comfort and securities of the flesh I choose You.

And I thank You that I do not have to go to Jerusalem, Mt Gerizim (John 4:21), nor even to Rome to dwell in Your house and behold You that You have set the foundations of Your house in my heart, that the earnest of Your beauty You have imbedded within the confines of my spirit. Any time, any time I want, I can enter in Your presence, see the Shekina glory, and behold Your beauty. And that Lord, is worth more than all the gold and silver of the world; it is the pearl of great price!

Matthew 13:44-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. (45) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: (46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
http://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: