Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Daily Devotion

May 31, 2006

Psalms 119:173  Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.

Is any other hand more worthy of desiring our help?  “Ho, Lord, I have chosen Your commandments; I have chosen to put my life into Your hands; I have chosen You!.  Who else then will help me in my time of trouble”?  Who will come to my rescue?  Do not turn me over to the unreliable hands of the children of man; I am Your child, and I trust only Your hand.”

“Now is the time that You need to come to my rescue.  From the beginning I have said, I will serve you.  From the beginning I have put my livelihood in Your care.  From the beginning of my lowly birth, when You have called me to the bosom of Your service, I have put my dependence upon You.”

“Let Your mighty hand come down and show me its mercy. Let the food I eat be the food come from heaven; the house I live in, tabernacle of Your choosing; my occupation the service of Heaven.  The ungodly provide for their workers, will You not do better than they?”

“It is the infidel who provides not for his own (1 Tim 5:8), but Your hand is as faithful as the dew of the morning.  Your hand is the fertile land where one can rest at peace because he found residence for his soul.  He needs not care anymore nor worry about substance for his life or purpose for his soul; for You are both the promise (Phil 4:19)and its fulfillment! ”

Matthew 6:31-33  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  (32)  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  (33)  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1Ti 5:8  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
http://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: