Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Daily Devotion

May 9, 2006

Psalms 119:147-148  I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in thy word.  (148)  Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

How quiet are the wee hours of the morning.  What blessedness is found in waking ahead of the world’s frantic action to connect with the Lord!

You wake up when “no man can work” (John 9:4), when darkness has wrapped the world with its heavy coat.  You eagerly enter the temple of your heart, this is the climax of your life, what you live for, what you die for: to meet with your Lord. You do not need pompous preparations; His Temple is ready for you.  You do not need ritual cleanings; you are already washed. You do not need to ask someone to unlock the door; it is wide open.  You do not need to pay the fee; it has already  been paid. You do not need a vicarious presence; it is you and your Lord, in a heart to heart intimacy that has yet to be imagined.

You sit at His feet, you listen to His soothing voice.  The waters of the fountain of His words refresh your heart, strengthen your spirit.  You drink them, splash them on your face, on your whole body.  You want to feel their coolness on the burning of your battle scars.  You want to apply them on the sores of your wounded spirit.  You want to feed your innermost being with the nutrition of their spiritual minerals.  

You would stay there all day if you could, but the sun runs to its eastern course; the dawn slowly shies on the horizon.  You say, “No, not yet, please, just a little more before the world gets up, before duty calls me to the fields, Lord.  Please, why can’t it be Sabbath today? I want to spend all day in the refreshing waters of your arms!”  You wish you could keep the sun from rising, you wish you could, like Joshua, stop the sun.

The Lord looks up to you with a tender reassuring look, “You can! Give me your heart; I will fill it up with these waters like a bottle.  It will bring with you their refreshing and strengthening coolness wherever you go.  Each time it pumps, it will pump it into every fiber of your soul.  Take it; take it with you.  Take enough for yourself, and to share with every one you meet.  Tell them about the Fountain, that they too can meet me in its Temple every morning.  Tell them that if they come to me, I will heal their wounds, soothe their sores and fill their empty heart with my Spirit.”

“And wherever you go, remember:

“…I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”. Heb 13:5
“… lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Mat 28:20  
Patrick Lumbroso
For past issues of the daily devotion go to my blog at:
http://hearthstoneministries.blogspot.com/

No comments: