Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Daily Devotion Psa 119.82

March 12, 2006

Psa 119:82 KJV  Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?

May our eyes never behold the Holy Word out of religious duty.  May we never insult the Holy Ghost by not adding sincere reflection to our reading of the Word.  When you read the Word it should fill you, comfort you, change you, mold you, encompass you, bless you, strengthen you, lead you, teach you, enlighten you, make you, recreate you, incarnate you; if it didn’t, you should read again, and not stop reading until you are blessed just like Jacob fought the angel and did not let go of him until he was blessed (Gen 32:24-30)

“One late afternoon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, wanting to be alone, I entered a strange cathedral & sat down amid the silence & semi-darkness. It was a gloomy place at that hour. The stained glass windows were especially forbidding. Presently a caretaker approached me, & thinking he wished me to leave so that he could lock up, I started to go. "Oh no," he whispered, "don't go until the lights come on!" So I waited. The room became darker, the shadows deepened, the windows were ugly & repelling & I wanted so much to leave. Then suddenly the street lights came on in full & the whole scene was changed!
     What a transformation! I thought I had never seen such exquisite colouring, such Heavenly suggestiveness as the windows gave forth in their wonderful colouring! Everything was enhanced with unearthly beauty that fed my soul, & I wanted to capture & keep it forever!
     Then I thought of the darkness which had shrouded many times my spirit, & how inexplicably it can vanish with the joy of the Lord coming in & His light flooding the soul. "The Lord will lighten my darkness!" I had learned a secret from that old caretaker, yes I had!--Don't go until the lights come on!”—
Francis E. Seaworth

Oh my dear one, how many times have you prayed and not waited for the answer, for the comfort that He would have comforted you with would you have waited?  Do not rise from your prayer time “until the lights come on”!

Mar 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

No comments: