Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Monday, March 06, 2006

Daily Devotion Psa 119:76

March 6, 2006

Psa 119:76 KJV  Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.

The LORD intended for His Word to be the Good News of the God’s merciful kindness, His letter to tell us that He loves us so much that he has “provided Himself a lamb for the sacrifice”, and made provision for the payment of our debt towards Him.    Why is it then that for so many, the Word seems to be an instrument of condemnation?  Yes, the Word is an instrument of purge and cleaning, but not in a spirit of anger and condemnation.  The Holy Spirit gently convicts us and the Word diligently cleanses us, and it is all done within the parameters of the “merciful kindness”’ of God.  Yes, we do not deserve any of this beautiful attention we get from the Father of all things, but yet He takes time for us wretched creatures that we are and treats us as if there was only one of us.

“According to your Word, Lord, treat me in your gentle Spirit.
According to your Word, Lord, be patient with my sinful way
According to your Word, Lord, help me, soft and lowly sheep
According to your Word, Lord, uphold me when I go astray.

According to your Word, Lord, do not condemn me when I fail
According to your Word, Lord, lift me up even from the grime
According to your Word, Lord, the blood of atonement prevail
According to your Word, Lord, yes my soul is forever thine.

Rom 8:38-39 KJV  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,  (39)  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: