Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Daily Devotion

February 16, 2006

(Psa 119:57 KJV) Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words.

As the victorious soldier who returns with the loot rejoicing; as the conquering emperor who meditates on the vast prospects his conquests bring to his Kingdom; so will I rejoice at the gain of your name, of your love, of your Spirit.  

What in this world is more lasting, more true, more real and more sound to body and soul than the Lord, His Spirit and His Words.  The Levites did not receive a land inheritance (Jos 14:4) in Canaan.  They were to be satisfied with their portion being the Lord, His Words and His service (Num 8:11).  The merchantman gave all that he had to purchase the precious pearl of God’s Spirit (Mat 14:36).  The seeker of treasure yielded all his possessions to buy the land of God’s treasure (Mat 133:44).  These truly believed that God was their portion, His inheritance their wealth, His Spirit their strength.  

Let them that perish fight over the perishable loot.  Let them that die fight over corruptible treasures. Let them of this world rejoice at the temporal dainties offered by its prince.  Let foolish men fight for the lands and countries of this world. My kingdom is an everlasting and eternal one built by the Great King Creator of the universe Himself.

I will rejoice and find my pleasure, my inheritance, and my portion in His Name, and in His Name only.  My country is New Jerusalem; my people are bound together in the shed bloodline of the Son of God.  We, as the Levites of old, have renounced possession of a temporal perishable kingdom in this world, only to gain a better eternal incorruptible resurrection in the Kingdom of God.

Phi 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,  

No comments: