Pages


'Be strong, be strong and be strengthened!'

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Daily Devotion

November 6, 2005

(Psa 19:14)  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

What are the key words in this sentence?  What is the emphasis of this statement?  The author could have easily made it, “THE WORDS OF MY MOUTH”, thus putting the emphasis on the careful uttering of speech.  He could have also put it on “THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART” showing concern for his inner conversations.  Or could it be, “BE ACCEPTABLE” thus drawing our attention toward our own sense of righteousness?  No, the most important words here are “IN THY SIGHT”, thus bringing us to evaluate our speech and inner conversation by the Lord’s rule of acceptance!

The Lord in His Word is the standard, the bureau of measure by which everything is deemed acceptable or non-acceptable, good or bad, right or wrong.  There is no other standard by which to measure anything.

Oddly enough, mankind seems too often to forget the Words of the manufacturer or our lives to follow its own set of beliefs and standards.  Jesus asked the religious leaders of His days, “Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?” (Mat 15:3)  

Lord Jesus, help me to have the courage to bring every area of my life to You for Your evaluation.  Help me to keep back nothing and have the assurance that in Your love You only want what is right for me, and that because of Your wisdom, You are aware of the pitfall laying ahead of my foolish thinking.  In Jesus Name, I pray!”

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
(Pro 3:5-6)

No comments: